Sunday 27 March 2011

Sewing For Pleasure

I attended the Sewing For Pleasure show at Birmingham NEC on the 24th March and it was brilliant.   There were so many amazing stands I didn't know where to look first!  I had gone with the intention of looking for a new sewing machine and it didn't disappoint.  All of the big sewing machine suppliers were there along with a number of stands selling amazing fabric and unique ribbons from Crafty Ribbons, there will be project coming soon using them all!  Look how great the ribbons are:
Back to my main purpose for visiting the show, to source a new machine.  I had done quite a bit of research on the internet and my gut feel was to stick with Janome.  I have had a Janome 2200XT machine and have loved it, they come with a multitude of feet which would cost quite a bit with other suppliers, the instructions are clear and easy and they have a good support network in local dealers.   I was helped by Maureen who was brilliant, both in her machine expertise but also in her ability to keep my wriggling 2 year old entertained during the demo.  She somehow managed to juggle my 2 yr old on her knee whilst showing me all the great features the computerised machines have.  She did all this whilst sewing Bella a little piece of fabric with hearts and her name on (which she loves and tells everyone is a kite - I think because of the threads)! 

In the end after a whole weekend of deliberation I decided to push the boat out, think of the long term and ordered the Janome MC4900QC.  This machine looks great and has all of the features that I need plus a whole load more!  If you haven't seen the machine and are interested you can read more at the Janome website.

So all in all a successful show visit if not a very expensive one!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Want to read more................

Click on older posts above to read more posts